If you need some quick holiday meal ideas, try these simple recipes. Here are three recipes you can make right now. Serve them for a nice Thanksgiving brunch or even a late-night snack. No matter what traditions you have, you can always start new by adding in these recipes to the rotation.
- Cheese Citrus Celebration Salad
Here’s what you need:
- 1 avocado
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- 4 Tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- ½ cup Crave Brothers Farmstead Fresh Mozzarella, perline, drained
- Fresh ground black pepper
Here’s how to make the salad:
- Peel avocado, slice; cut into ½” pieces; set aside.
- Peel grapefruit, separate sections, cut each section into ½” slices; set aside.
- Peel oranges, separate into sections, cut each section in ½ lengthwise. Sliced oranges will form a decorative wreath on top of the salad. Set aside.
- In a small container with cover; combine orange juice through 1/8 pepper dressing; shake well; set aside.
- In a wide serving bowl toss arugula, grapefruit and avocado slices with ½ of the dressing.
- Arrange the orange slices on top of the salad in the shape of a round wreath.
- Sprinkle pistachios and fresh mozzarella on top of the salad. Top with additional dressing if desired.
- Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
2. Butternut Mascarpone Soup
Assemble these ingredients:
- 2 large butternut squash
- 8 ounces Crave Brothers Mascarpone cheese
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ¾ stick butter, melted and browned
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Pomegranate seeds (arils) or pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut squash in half; scoop out seeds. Lightly coat with oil and place on a baking pan skin side up.
- Bake at for 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven and cool. Scoop squash out of the shell and add to blender.
- Add mascarpone and chicken stock. Blend well.
- Add mixture to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter, oil, salt and pepper. Cook until heated, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; pour into bowls. Garnish with pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
- Yields six to eight servings
3. Gingerbread Cake Roll with Mascarpone Cheese Filling
Here’s what you need for the cake:
- 4 large eggs, separated, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Crave Brothers Mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1-1/4 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
Gather these ingredients for the filling:
- 8 ounces Crave Brothers Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
Directions for the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 10 by 15-inch cake roll pan or jelly roll pan.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until light and thick. Beat in the vanilla, mascarpone and molasses.
- Add the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt, and mix until combined. Gently fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Tap the pan lightly on the surface a few times to level out the batter.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cake springs back when you lightly touch it.
- Immediately invert the cake onto a tea towel dusted generously with powdered sugar.
- Roll the cake up with the tea towel, starting at a short end. Allow the cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
Directions for the filling:
- Chill a large mixing bowl in the fridge.
- In your chilled bowl, combine mascarpone cheese and sugar on high speed until completely combined.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream, and mix on low speed until it is almost blended.
- Increase the speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form.
To assemble the cake:
- Unroll the cake and spread the filling evenly over the cake.
- Re-roll without the tea towel.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- Yields 15 to 20 servings.
These holiday recipes are sure to delight your family, friends and guests this holiday season. The ingredients are easy to use and find, too. Be sure to stock up your kitchen pantry beforehand. So, enjoy your holidays and be sure to share these recipes.